Monday, August 4, 2008

The Latest

Not much is new. Sky is doing really well and her back is mostly healed up! I hope she doesn’t get beat up anymore – I might have to go and defend her on the playground!

We rode a few days this past week – nothing special. She’s doing much better at her lope and that is good. On Thursday I went with Betsy to a Blackwater Trail Riders meeting and that was good. It’s just a bunch of local (I think it’s all women, big surprise) riders who get together for rides pretty much every weekend – it’s purely social and fun and everyone is very nice so that’s good. The meeting conversation surrounded the idea of doing a beach ride this fall and possibly going to VT for an inn-to-inn or overnight trip as well as talk about T-shirts and vests with the ultra cool logo on them. Good times.

Saturday we went on one of these rides (thank goodness for Betsy who picks me up). This one was in Belmont at the home of a mother and daughter who are part of the club. The trails were great and out of the nine horses that went, Sky was the most beautiful (I’m a little biased!). She did really well in the pack and I moved her from the front to the back (not leading, though) and she was good. We had to maneuver some big hills, both up and down and she barely breathed hard at all – it’s nice to see her get in such good shape ‘cause we’ll need it for E.Corrinth!

One part of the ride we took a trip around a big field and let the horses trot and canter. Sky led this part, which I was proud of, and loped beautifully! She was slow and collected and such a pleasure to ride! It’s a great lope, not too fast but still covering ground… I was so proud of her and nobody got it but me… but that’s ok.

Sunday Lisa and I hung out and went around to nearly every feed store in the area getting stuff for Miss Willow who’s leg is still infected… poor girl. It was good to just hang out, though, and it was a good day. I needed to get out of the house as things aren’t the greatest at home. Karl’s getting more and more depressed as the weeks go on and I’m not sure how to deal with it. I’m sad about him leaving too, but we can’t live sad all the time, either. For my part, I’m starting to see a counselor this week and I’m hoping that helps. Wish me luck as I’ve never been shrunk before.

I’m not sure if I’ll get a lesson in this week or not. Oak Rise is Sunday and I need to prepare for that.

Hope all is well with everyone. Take care,

C

1 comment:

Ever-green Stables said...

Life brings unexpected changes to us all... In your case the change will alter your life in a heart wrenching way, hopefully for not more than a year and for that I am truly sorry. I could not imagine such a hardship to bear. I hope that karl will do the right thing and get help. Go to Riverbend in Concord. Perhaps if he is willing you will not lose him for such a long time. I know of course that asking for help does not come easy to all of us but your courage in doing so (being shrunk as you put it) will give Karl the courage to do the same. There is no shame in it. I finally registered for a blog so I could comment on your story. I am a faithful reader! hahaha. I am glad that sky is doing well at her new home and that you are still active doing what you enjoy. If anything at all... that will keep you sane, horses always do! We need to get together soon... I miss ya gal!