Monday, January 4, 2010

Can you burst open from happiness?

Hi All -

I am, obviously from this post's title, doing well. Honestly, I cannot remember having ever been THIS full of joy and hope for the future - THIS excited to live every day - THIS happy for every moment, big or small... I literally have a cheek ache from smiling on a daily basis and think I may burst open at the seams simply form being so happy.

OK...I know.. I sound like a nut-job that should be put in a padded cell - or maybe you are thinking, where can I get the drugs this girl is taking?

All I know is that life is full of changes and turns in the road... a few short months ago I was wondering why it was taking me down such a sad path and as much as I had hope for the future that the road would wind back toward HappyTown, the idea that the highway of my life would, around a short bend, climb and twist and turn into one of those fun drives where you blare the radio and roll down the windows and breathe in the smells of fresh cut grass and sunshine...all the while feeling like a rock star... well, that idea was just beyond my comprehension.

Rather than detail for you the timeline of the events of the past few months, which most of you know, I can only say that I am truly blessed. I have been blessed with friends who are there to pull you through and can tell when you are in desperate need of a good time. I have been blessed with family who understand who you are and accept that you will change. I have been so, so, blessed with more love than I could possibly deserve...someone who is honest and ernest and kind..someone who has the kind of consideration for others and deep sense of caring that I can only admire...someone whose presence I cannot get enough of - and I am SO Blessed that this person loves ME and feels all these things for ME and (GASP) want to marry ME!

What!? Seriously?! Seriously. I am engaged! Engaged! We are thinking a warm month, sometime in 2011 but it's not about one day - it's about a lifetime of adventures and triumphs..it's about spending my life in a true partnership with someone who wants the same things and is willing to work hard for that life.

So, even though it's winter I am looking forward to all things Spring - a new beginning.

Sky is safe and happy and fuzzy and I have thoughts about riding English as well as doing cow work this summer.

Lots of love to you all! Take care of yourselves... and perhaps a bit of advice from somone who knows...you NEVER know what is around the bend.

C

No comments: