Tuesday, January 19, 2010

PONIES!

So, hello people! It's winter, but it's a plethera of activity at the barn and nothing can make me want the snow to melt more!

First, Lisa has decided to foster two ponies (PONIES) through NEER in response to a group that has been trying to save horses out of an auction killpen every week. So, the two horses who are safe and sound in her stalls were picked out of a group that would have been sent to slaughter...amazingly enough the two she got are sweeties! One is a Halflinger (now named Jersey) who is about as wide as she is tall and has a back that you could eat dinner off of! I can't wait to get up on her - she looks like an absolute blast! Lisa wants to try using her for games this year - fun! The second one is a black pony (Maddie) who is small enough to hook your arm around, but stocky enough for bigger kids. She has the possiblity to be leased by a young woman who is coming to the barn.

Speaking of people coming to the barn - holy crap, when it rains it pours. Not only do we have Jordon - our only poor gelding whose owner's name I cannot recall- but we have a lady named Dawn who has two horses coming - one that's hers and one that's her daughters. Then there is Kelly, who has a big Appy mare named Abby. (Ha ha - Abby the Appy). There are 2 more and I am so bad that I don't remember their names... luckily Lisa put together a pot luck dinner so we can all get to know each other.

My only hope is that we all get along and that we manage to actually ride togther as the spring comes.

Other than that, there is not much going on - it's quiet and that's how I like it. I am working and coming home and spending time with my new fiance and my friends. It's a good life and I am blessed and happy.

On a side note, we've been doing Weight Watchers and I am down 11.5 pounds total so far... so excited! At least Sky will be appreciative this summer!

Love you all,

C

No comments: