Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Put in blue ribbon fork in me…

.. I’m done! Done showing, that is, for the year – Sky and I finished our 2008 show season, our first in NH and our first full year of showing this Sunday. We did ok –not as great as we have in the past, but good enough – we placed 1st of 4 in Adult W/T Equitation, 1st of 4 in Adult W/T Pleasure, 1st of 3 in W/T Adult Trail, 3 of 3 in W/T Western Pleasure and 2nd of 3 in Adult W/T Discipline Rail. Basically we did great in the morning and worse as the day went on...hence the “done” reference. Now, I just hope to get something for year end awards!

So, now that that is all over, I’m getting even more excited for East Corinth and more trail riding coming up! We’re leaving Sunday to go to Beth’s (thanks to Lisa) where we’ll stay overnight and head to EC on Monday (Thanks to Beth) –we’ll stay the week and go home with Betsy who is coming on Friday (thanks to Betsy!) – Like I told Lisa, we are nomads in other people’s trailers… for now, anyway! So, all pray and pray and do “no rain” dances b/c the weather indicates I’ll see some shows on my va-ca – grrr… I’m sure good times will still be had! Good thing I got that new saddle bag so I can bring my ‘foul weather gear’ as Frank calls it.

Not much else is new on the Marston front. Karl is still waiting around to be released from the limbo he is in – hopefully that will be soon – soon enough that he can get home and find a great new job and long enough that he can earn one more Army paycheck! I’ve been working on a quilt to sell at my step-mother-in-law’s (not as bad as it sounds, she’s super great!) booth at the Deerfield Fair and other craft fairs… It’s cute, in my humble opinion, so far.

Anyway, so this week is all about getting stuff together and packing and heading out! Can’t wait to tell you all about it!
C

No comments: