Tuesday, September 16, 2008

what next?

Well, I think Sky and I are both ready for East Corinth! The last two times I’ve gotten on her, she has headed right out the driveway and down the trail! Far be it for me to begrudge having a horse that will go out alone, so down the trail we go – no deer lately, which is good, although I can tell she is looking out for one… I’ve taking to singing along the trail as to warn any wildlife that we are coming… it’s probably a good thing we are alone, then!

I haven’t been riding a lot – it’s a phase I go through – but I can tell Sky wants to get out (she actually came when I called her yesterday!) – I think there are Blackwater rides this coming weekend but there is also the final show of the season on Sunday. (Where we will clinch our title as Walk/Trot Adult Champion! – HA) Anyway, what I’m getting at is there is lots of opportunity for riding ahead…

Although there has been little horse drama, there’s been lots of life drama – for those of you who haven’t heard, Karl is being sent home from his deployment due to arthritis in his shoulder. So, after all of the stress and depression and crisis management … and the setting of mindsets and the preparing for the year ahead .. after all of that he’ll be home at the end of the month! I have to admit, I might have taken it badly… I had worked so hard to come to terms with the fact that he would be gone and how I was going to make it through I felt a bit betrayed that I had been forced to go through the immense amount of stress over the last two months for nothing. But, after some straightening of my mindsets (again) I am looking forward to him coming home and us starting over (again).

Other than that, things have been quiet. I served as the ring steward for a NHQHA show this weekend, and it was fun – tiring but fun. Lisa did well with Onyx and even tried her hand at pole bending and barrels – Onyx had a blast, which is hilarious since she’s such a… character, most of the time!

So, I’m back to work for another week and will be getting ready for Oak Rise, although both of us are pretty much on autopilot for that.

Till next time – happy trails.
C

No comments: