Friday, May 30, 2008

Against my better Judgment

I’m not trying to get out of doing any real work at three o’clock on a Friday afternoon. I’m not.
I swear.
So, I’m going to take Sky to the Lakes Region show on Sunday. My first instinct after the marathon that was Oak Rise this past Sunday was to skip this weekend’s competitive activities in favor of quilting and possibly some trail riding, but Lisa convinced me to go – against my better judgment.
I’m sure it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking – that is if the rain goes by Saturday and I can climb out of the worn-out rut I’ve been in all week. I swear - I could leave her alone for a week! I basically have. I rode Wednesday and I’ll ride today once I’m freed from this desk I’m chained to. I’m hoping her she’s not bitter in her horsey brain about the long day of work she put in this past weekend when she realizes she’s got another one ahead of her.
I tried in vain to find out how many entries there were in my ever-so-popular walk/trot adult division, trying to rationalize that if there were enough it would be worth it to go for the possibility of PAC points. It’s Senior/Adult (meaning 14+) this time, so maybe we’ll get to compete. I love showing, but not paying ten bucks for a two dollar ribbon that doesn’t mean I’m better than anyone!
So, now my weekend is busy. I’m too tired for busy, but here we go… Tonight I have to do laundry and show pack. Saturday I have a brunch date with a friend I haven’t seen in five years, and then I have to get Sky ready and packed up to Lisa’s for the night. She swears LRSS is always over by three, so I might be able to salvage Sunday night for some rest.
I’ll, of course, let you all know how it goes. If I’m less nervous than the last time, it’ll be worth it.
C

No comments: