Thursday, May 1, 2008

Show This Weekend!

I don't know why I panic when I haven't ridden in a few days - probably b/c Sky used to be so young that a day off was like starting all over... as she gets older, though, a day or two off works her wonders... I rode yesterday after a day off to go to the ballpark with our friends and two days of rain and she was awesome! I seriously think she needs some time to "think about it", that is, what she's learned.

I saw Christina, one of the instructors there, and shared the ring while she gave a lesson... get this - Robbyn is half-leasing this horse who just got kicked in the head and barely knows anything to a 13 year old girl... While we were in the ring Christina tells me that Robbyn told her that the horse was "dead broke" but during the lesson, it became apparent that he doesn't even know how to move off of leg pressure. He seems level headed and easygoing but I'm not sure if I'd let my young daugter ride him...

Anyway, Sky and I tried out our new teal saddlepad (very good reviews, she looks good in everything) and also practiced some trail obstacles... she's a trooper at a backthrough L, ok at trotting through poles, great at weaving through the jump standards and improved with practice on my makeshift gate (I imagine I'd have better results if I wasn't trying to use a lunge line as a rope... it was a little long. I've got to get a scap piece of plywood in the ring to use as a bridge... we haven't done that in a while and I want to make sure she remembers about them... and I need to do a coat although I think she'll be good at that.

So, I've got a long list of chores to do to get ready for the show.... hope it's warm enough on Saturday to give her a bath. I'm a terrible groom! Lisa is picking us up on Friday afternoon and we'll do some stuff at her house.. I"m hoping she'll help me clip her 'cause i'm bad at it.

Anyway, gotta get to work... wish us luck.

C

No comments: