Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Busy Weekend.

Hello All. So this weekend was jammed packed - our friends, Scott & Nikki, along with their baby, Isaac, came to visit while they looked for a house in the area. Nikki is a lawyer and she found a new job here in Concord, so they have about a month to move from Syracuse to here!

So I spend most of Friday night and Saturday morning cleaning like a madwoman to make our little apartment look like a page out of Better Homes & Gardens as well as planning and prepping Saturday night's dinner.

I did manage to ride a little bit on Saturday - despite the record-breaking heat. Everyone else was busy or otherwise desposed so Sky and I took a jaunt across the road on the power lines. It was interesting because I usually ride Sky alone only for a little while to meet someone, so this was our first adventure truly alone in a while. I was surprised at how willingly she went a long and I did a lot of walk/trot transitions to include some 'training on the trail'. We loped up some of the hills and walked others to build muscle as well!

It was hot so it was the perfect day to give the first bath of the year! Being tobiano, Sky tends to get pretty dirty so it was a good thing all around. Part of me was wishing I could be hosed down too - it was hot!

So today after Scott & Nikki headed out I headed myself up to the barn and met Michelle to ride. We made plans to meet Betsy at her house and we were on and going after I had to go chase Sky away from the new round bale everyone was happily munching on in the pasture!

We had a great ride - about two hours around Windswept and through the wooded trails, connecting to the beautiful ones that Betsy and I found the other day. The bugs are definately out and they were swarming around Sky's ears so next time we go out I am going to have to scrounge to find her ear bonnet. I felt bad for her as they were giving her a hard time, but she did ok. We did some trotting and a little loping and crossed quite a bit of puddles and streams... all good things from a training perspective.

Tomorrow I will work in the yard again and see where we can get with the program. I did lope her on Saturday in the yard and she did pretty well. I have to do some showmanship work as well as possibly lope over a pole in order to start lopeover work.

Take care and we'll talk to you soon - I'm off to eat dinner and take Sadie home

C

No comments: