Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We can see the ground...

Hi All,

Not too much has changed since my last post - I am still job hunting and cannot believe I am in week three of joblessness - it's miserable. All my conviction that I had when I was first laid off that I would find a job in no time is gone! I am now only hoping to find SOMETHING at all - let alone an admin job which I am primarily searching for...

It's frustrating to say the least. I am somewhat bratty in that I am finding it hard to take advice on where to look (if one more person mentions that over-advertised job fair I might scream!) and have to force a smile when I am told again that, "it will all work out"... I know my family and friends mean well - I know that - but just like it was impossible for me to step into someone else's shoes - no one knows what it feels like to be without a job... no one can know how I feel, really. It is so hard not to feel useless when there is nowhere to go when I get up in the morning. It is scary to think that in a month, we might not be able to pay our bills and what will happen then - anyway.. I'm depressing myself now...

Despite all this joblessness crap I am doing my best to keep busy, if there is such a thing. I am finally finishing the quilt top that I started nearly a year ago - if you saw the tiny, tiny pieces that make it up, you would understand!

I'm also riding some, which is good. Sky is the same old Sky that I rode all last year - it's like she's exactly at the point I left her off at, which is good. Betsy and I went for a ride last week and utilized the Windswept indoor arena for a little while. I tried loping Sky and she got over-enthusiastic after the first time, and going to the right didn't go well at all. I feel that we have a lot of loping to do before we get close to being able to show this year.

She's also going behind the bit a little bit - something I really want to nip in the bud. I remember needing to do something called 'long and low' but am not sure what that is exactly. I will ask John when I can scrape up the money for our first lesson of the year. That one will be a refresher I think...wipe off some dust! And speaking of John, I've lost your email so if you are reading this email me at carriekmarston@yahoo.com

Anyway, we've gone on a couple of rides - short ones with Michelle and Kay, seperately... can't wait until the weather is better and we can go on some longer jaunts...

So, if you are out there, please keep me in your prayers... or thoughts or whatever it is that you put out there into the universe.... I am in need of good karma!

Thanks,

C

No comments: