Monday, April 27, 2009

Workin' hard or hardly workin'

Hello people, new and old... don't forget to become a Sky Fan - join the cool kids!

Well, I had a great weekend, as you can see from the last post and today was another day off before I have to work tomorrow - this part time thing is a toss-up - on one hand I have time to work with my horse and hang out with my friends but on the other there is, obviously, not as much money and I must deal with the limbo my life continues to be in since getting laid off. It's still rough, I must say.

Today was a good day. I helped Lisa move some pallets with her tractor - good times... then I got on Sky for almost an hour, working on her lope. She is doing better at getting the correct lead both ways - I am working a little harder to the right b/c that is her "bad" side. Lisa helped me out some from the ground while she sat outside with Braeden (her now two-week old little boy). She is the greatest and I don't say that lightly - really, she's the greatest.
Sky was fiercely sweaty when we were finished so I hosed her down and worked on some showmanship stuff (we have a lot of work to do there, as well) while she dried a little.
It's nice to be able spend the day outside and doing some physical work. It's been a while that I've been chained to a desk and I forgot how nice it is to be out in the sun and get your hands dirty - to feel like you are actually DOING something. Not to discount the work I've done as an admin or even in event planning but there is something to be said for doing a physical job and seeing it through to the end... It might be as satisfying as filing a huge stack of paperwork or seeing a nervous bride happy at her reception but those things you don't get to do outside!
Anyway, we are off to get ice cream - a fitting end to a good day. I work for a whopping two hours tomorrow then I will be back to another adventure - hopefully another good trail ride with Betsy.
C

No comments: