Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yesterday was an interesting day. I worked a little in the morning - had a talk with the owners who seemed concerned about my state of not having a set schedule - it was a good talk but I don't think much got accomplished considering that when I went back to work I still didn't have any assignments to complete. It's a weird job to say the least.

Anyway, I had the privilage of hanging out with John for a bit in the afternoon which was fun. I got to meet his farrier who is cool and chat a bit. He was riding Penny, his very talented mare, and was nice enough to show me a few things and answer some questions while he was on her. It is good to be a little more clear on the things I am working on with Sky and to get reinforced that I am doing the right thing.

So after I hung out with John I went over to the ballpark to surprise Karl and watch his little leauge practice. He was certainly surprised to see me and Sadie which was good. I chatted with his "team mom" who is so nice and played ball with Sadie and some kids who were around... of course children love her and she loves them!

Today I worked Sky for a bit who is getting her correct leads when turning on the fence (more like a rollback in our case as we have no fence but it's more fun that way!). I didn't try her straight from the walk today - only on the rollback, so she could have some more time to get it right. She did get a little, shall I say, pissy at being asked to lope and shot forward one time - I kept her going, though, which was good.

Anyway, I am confident that we will progress - hopefully in time to show and not make a fool out of ourselves! HA!

C

No comments: