Monday, May 11, 2009

Ahhh, progress....

So, I promised an update on Sky so here it is...

We are doing much better than the day that I insisted that everything stunk (sorry about that). Today is Monday - I rode Saturday and Sunday and both days were amazing. She is doing much better on picking up her correct leads and her transitions are much better. I made a vow to not just school the whole time, so I took her across the road by herself.

Sunday Michelle was up for a ride, so we took ourselves a pretty uneventful stroll around Betsy's trail, by Windswept and down the road. We schooled in the yard for a while and Sky got her leads right again! We even loped over another pole which is exciting.

As this week unfolds, I'd really like to start loping with one handed reining and set up from fun trail course obstacles. Michelle is interested in getting into a 'real' ring, as am I, and Windswept quoted her 25 bucks an hour so I am thinking we might ask John if we can come down to Oak Rise sometime and use that ring. That way he'd get to see Sky go.

In other news, I got a cryptic email today saying that I no longer had a job - the part time one that I had picked up. I'm not all together that heartbroken about it b/c it wasn't that much money but I was counting on it for some horse $ but I'm sure I will find another way. As Scott was saying, I can always go back to waitressing! (we will see)

So, today I will ride a little bit and hang out with my good friends and co-miserate about all the crap we have to deal with. Maybe we will get around to the good stuff that we should be grateful for but as my good friend, Marcia, would say, "it's our nature to bitch".

I see a good future on the horizon. I can feel possibility around me and I know that my skills and my potential is going to have the opportunity to brim to the surface soon. How it materializes is yet to be seen.

C

No comments: