Saturday, May 16, 2009

Harvey and Sky together again

Today I was not alone. Betsy (YEAH) is back from vacation so today we managed to hook up for a ride. Harvey announced his presence with a whinny as he came up the road and Sky promptly replied. After we met up, I foolishly let Sky and Harvey sniff and she let out one hell of a squeal to him! Oops... I should have known Harvey is the only one she'll push around.

We took quite a jaunt, up the road and through some windy trails. We tried out a new trail off the power lines by Windswept's field, which Marty had found with his dirt bike... this one had a lot of branches and Sky was a fan of branches today - and leaves - and grass - anything green was pretty much attractive to Sky today! At one point she was so distracted by her leaf eating that she dragged me through a mess of branches... dead hard branches... in my face... branch, Branch, BRANCH!!! Ouch is all I can say. I usually try to make her manuver in some way when she eats but when you are going straight downhill on a trail not much wider than you are, there isn't much you can do but get through it...

We wound up coming out by the vegetable farm on Lisa's road, which was good - a full circle. As we came back into the yard, Michelle came back from the store and watched us as we worked on the lope in the yard. She took a little while getting the leads right and then we worked on loping over a pole... she can do it pretty successfully except that she is tending to kick out at the last second.

Tomorrow we (Michelle, Lisa and I) are going to the NH Quarter Horse show to watch the clinic and maybe some classes. Next Sunday Betsy and I have plans to go to Bear Brook to a Blackwater Ride and hopefully Betsy can go with me to ride with Beth in a few weeks. That would be good.

Gotta go watch the Preakness.

C

No comments: