Thursday, April 3, 2008

With Spring, things are looking up

Well, Spring is finally sending us some good weather in NH and with that I am struggling to lift my Winter blahs and branch out.

I've boarded Sky at MMF (Majestic Meadow Farms) since August and other than the fabulous trip to VT with Beth and Marcia this Fall, we haven't done much. And as much as I've tried to make the best out of riding alone on the trials and in the indoor this Winter, it hasn't been enough to keep my horse life going in a happy way.

So, I considered moving barns for a while, and in doing so realized that Robbyn and Rich at MMF really like having Sky and I around and are willing to go along with any zany ideas I might have to improve the atmosphere there. But I'm glad that I was lonely and unhappy b/c otherwise I wouldn't have posted a note on equinesite and met people.

Lisa in Canterbury is coming out to ride in the indoor tomorrow so that is good - and I'm meeting another Robin in Gilminton too. I hope I'll be able to make enough connections to hav people to ride with this year as well as possibly hitch a ride to some shows and trail rides.

In the meantime, I'm planning (with Robbyn and Rich's approval) a Trail Ride and Fun Day at MMF. This feeds my fire to plan things while giving me something to look forward to. Robbyn seems to like the idea, so as soon as the snow melts I'll be scoping out a path.

Gottta go for now. I'll update about my lesson tomorrow!

No comments: